The Tennessee District Attorneys General Conference is seeking a licensed attorney to fill a role as a Traffic Safety Resource Prosecutor.
This position requires a licensed attorney with substantial experience in DUI Prosecution to fill a staff attorney (Assistant District Attorney) Position working at the statewide or Conference Level. Applicants must pass a thorough background check during the selection process.
This Position reports to the Education and Training Director.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
(Within the parameters of the TN Highway Safety Office Grant)
- Assist in the implementation of the Tennessee District Attorney’s General training program, with an emphasis on the prosecution of drunk driving and vehicular homicide cases;
- Assist in the traffic safety training program of the Tennessee Highway Patrol;
- Serve as a liaison to the Tennessee Highway Patrol and the District Attorney’s General Conference and the Tennessee Highway Safety Office;
- Assist in the training program of the Tennessee Highway Safety Office with an emphasis on Field Sobriety Test classes;
- Serve as a consultant for prosecutors and law enforcement officers on traffic safety issues;
- Serve as special counsel or in an advisory capacity at trial in DUI related cases that will potentially cause a significant impact in Tennessee law;
- Assist in writing and/or updating the DUI manual for prosecutors;
- Provide articles for the DUI News and other publications; Participate in state and national traffic safety conferences to remain current on the latest knowledge and issues in traffic safety.
- Assist with writing yearly grant renewal and submitting quarterly reports.
Accepting applications through October 31, 2017.