By Virtue of being a victim, you have certain rights as provided by Article 1, section 35 of the Constitution of Tennessee.
1. The right to confer with the prosecution.
2. The right to be free from initimdation, harassment, and abuse throughout the criminal justice system.
3. The right to be present at all proceedings where the defendant has the right to be present.
4. The right to be heard, when relevant, at all critical stages of the criminal justice process as defined by the statute.
5. The right to be informed of all the proceedings and the release, transfer, escape, or recapture of the accused or convicted person.
6. The right to a speedy trial or disposition and a prompt and final conclusion of the case after the conviction or sentence.
7. The right to restitution from the defender.
8. The right to be informed of each of the rights established for victims.
The following phone numbers are for your information and convenience in excercising your rights:
Victims of Crime State Coordinating Council - 1-800-289-9018
Criminal Injuries Compensation Program - (615) 741-2734
Statewide Victim Witness Coordinator - (615) 532-5591
Probation and Parole - (615) 741-1150
Tennessee Department of Correction - (615) 741-1000 Ext. 4006
Tenn. Attorney General (appeals Info only) - (615) 532-1971